Friday 1 February 2013

My roadtrip to the North - PERAK

Perak Darul Ridzuan.

Perak welcomed me and my family with good foods. We started our journey by going to a stall which was located in Kuala Sepetang. It was called Mee Udang Mak Jah. The stall was famous with prawn. We ordered our food. I ordered 'char kwey teaw udang'. It was soo yummy! The food really awed me.

Me and my sisters at the famous Mee Udang Mak Jah

Kuala Sepetang is famous with seafood because it is located near the river. So the fishermen can fish easily. The boat must be docked to the jetty so the fisherman can give the fish to the fishmonger. Then, the fishmonger can sell the fish at the market. I think the jetty is big because there are a lot of boats.

Arlia at the Kuala Sepetang Jetty

After that, we went to the night safari at the Zoo Taiping. We rode on a tramp and saw lots of
animals. The announcer told us the information about the animals. The hippopotumas is the silent killer. The African people are scare of this animal because it has sharp teeth. He also told us that flamingoes rest and sleep with just one leg. African lion can't swim. We learnt a lot of things. I loved this zoo very much! I hope I can go there again.

We saw the animals at Zoo Taiping. They were zebras and giraffe in the picture.
Later, daddy drove us to Ipoh after the journey to the night safari. We put a night in the Kinta Riverfront Hotel. We went to our room. We peeped through the curtains and saw the colourful decoration trees and beautiful firework along the river outside. I think the firework was for the Thaipusam celebration. Then, we slept because we were all tired.




The next morning, me, mama, Ariana and Arlia had our breakfast at the cafe. I had nasi lemak. It was delicious. While we were eating, daddy joined us! After breakfast, we went out from the hotel and headed to a restaurant. It was called NASI KANDAR AYAM MERAH. My parents really wanted to eat again. It was strange for me. I saw there were lots of people queing and eating there. I think because the foods were yummy. After my parents had eaten, we went to a hotel at THE LOST WORLD OF TAMBUN.



At the first place, I didn't know about this place. Then, when my parents told me about this, I was overwelmed because there was a water park! What a fun surprised!!!! We went to the theme park! Thre were two types of parks. One was a dry park and another one was a water park! We went to the dry park. First, we went to the MERRY HANGING GO ROUND! It was awesome but dizzy. Then, we went to the small boat ride. It was the same thing but it was faster than the merry hanging go round. Later on, we tried on the BIG GIANT SHIP! It swinged to the right and left end! Woah! But pity Aya! She can't ride on it because of her safety. She still young. Then, we went to the WATER PARK! Me and Ariana slid at the loong, curvy slides! Woooaahhh! I was soo extremely happy! I wanted to try it again! It was fuuuuunnn! We also went to the very looonnnnnggggggg man-made river. We rode on a big numbered '8' floties in blue. It tooks a while to reach the end of the river.





Later on, we went to the HOT SPRING! It is naturally hot! We relaxed there. Cool! Ariana and Arlia played with the water and made a big splash! We relaxed there until 5.30 pm. Then, we went to our hotel and went outside to have our dinner at the restaurant called NASI LEMAK AYAM KAMPUNG. The chicken tasted different than the other chickens. Mmmmmm! So delicious. After eating, we went to the hotel and slept. What a tiring day... Zzzzzzz





The next day, we took our bath and straight away checked out from the hotel. We had breakfast at Hollywood Restaurant. It was another food place that we explored. The foods that we tried were roti telur goyang, keaw teaw, roti bakar and goreng-gorengan. I never knew about this kind of food especially roti telur goyang and goreng-gorengan. I think this is a special food in Ipoh.



Finally, it was time to go back home. Do you know why? Because our vacation was already over! I missed Perak! Byeee Perak!