Saturday 12 January 2013

My Cross Country experience

This was my first time ever participating the Cross Country at Pemaisuri Lake Garden,Cheras at Site 'A'. Let the adventure begun!

First, I registered at the registration counter. The teacher who registered me was Teacher Afni, who taught me Maths last year. After I told her my full name and class, she gave me two pieces of papers. The papers were written with the same number which was '4001'. I think it stands for primary 4 first registration. This is because I came early. After I registered at the counter, I waited for the teacher to brief about the Cross Country and the launching. Oh, I forgot! By the way, the teacher's name is Teacher Surraya.

After she gave the speech, the teachers briefed us about the checkpoints and how many rubber bands we have to collect. After that, all of the students had their breakfast, did the warm up session and read the dua recitation. Then READY, SET, GO!

The Cross Country had begun! I was nervous when my shoes came off, at the moment the run had just started. I' m afraid I am going to lose. Every one was pushing ME! EVERYTIME when I am running, my shoes always came off. Whenever I'm running. Then I put on my shoes immediately. Luckily, mama helped me to put on my shoes again and I continued running.

On the slidy and sloppy parts, I managed to beat some primary students. Then, I saw mama! I was shocked! I taught she was sitting under the shelter. But luckily she ran with me.

After a while, I was soooo tired so I walked. That moment, mama was running behind me, cheering for me. My courage was as high as the mountain that time. When I ran for a little while, I saw my teacher so I ran to her and took the rubber band. That time I was at checkpoint number two. So I ran and ran and ran until I felt that I was discourged without mama. I almost cried when mama came. She patted me and we ran together. What a great time we spent together. That time I had collected four rubber bands. Two more left. So I ran and ran and ran and ran until the finish line! I got the 26th place!

Before the prize giving ceremony, I drank the Vico drink from the yellow Vico van. The healthy chocolate drink. Then, the ceromony began! The 4km champion went to an African girl who ran about nine minutes and four seconds. Congratulations!

It was a great day today! I felt like an outdoor girl! I thanked mama and all the teachers for supporting me. All the best for next year!

Me, posing in front of the banner at Taman Pemaisuri Lake Garden.
Me while warming up!! 1 2 3 JUMP!
Me walking. I was soooo tired.
I heard mama cheering for me. I was running to the finish line!!
The yellow van that provides the healthy chocolate drink
I was sleeping in the car because I am sooooo tired.